To achieve the level 4 education and training qualification, the student should be in a teaching /training role to be able to be assessed on the job and carry out teaching practice.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who want a qualification that focuses on practical teaching.
Learners may already be teaching and wish to have their experience and practice accredited, or not presently teaching but capable of meeting the minimum teaching practice requirement of 30 hours. The role carries less responsibility than that of a qualified teacher.
The course consists of 6 units, which includes:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Planning to meet the needs of education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and learning
- Using resources for education and training
- Teaching in a Specialist Area.
The course assessment will be in the form of written assignments, case study, professional discussion, essay, and teaching and observation. A qualified teacher will observe you on three separate occasions.
Students are expected to complete this course between six and twelve months.